Most Active Stories
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- Drainage Key To Reported Deal Between Farmers And Feds
- New Program Could Mean End For UCSF- Fresno, Valley Children's Partnership
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu February 6, 2014
Airline Loses Jamaican Bobsled Team's Belongings
Originally published on Thu February 6, 2014 4:59 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. In the movie "Cool Runnings," about Jamaican's bobsled team, the chant went: Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up, it's bobsled time. But at Sochi it's not quite. This year's Jamaican team finally made it to the Winter Games - that was a feat after weather in the U.S. caused them travel headaches - but the airline lost their luggage, as well as their equipment. The team's trying to stay upbeat. One member, Winston Watts, said we have a lot of friends here, I'm sure people will lend us whatever we need. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.