Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
TED Radio Hour
Fri April 4, 2014
How Much Does Money Motivate Us?
Part 4 of the TED Radio Hour episode The Money Paradox.
About Daniel Pink's TEDTalk
Writer Daniel Pink explains why traditional rewards like money aren't always successful motivators.
About Daniel Pink
Daniel Pink has written several books on the changing world of the modern workplace. In his book A Whole New Mind, Pink identifies a sea change in the global workforce — the shift of an information-based corporate culture to one that's conceptual, where creativity and big-picture design dominates the landscape.
In the book Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us, Pink uses 50 years of behavioral science to overturn the conventional wisdom about human motivation. His latest book is To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others.