Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Mon December 30, 2013
How Do You Get A Cow Out Of Your Swimming Pool?
Originally published on Mon December 30, 2013 4:42 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I David Greene.
How do you get a cow out of a swimming pool? Wait, hear me out, this is not the setup for a bad joke. It's real conundrum faced by an Oregon man last week. The solution, it turns out, involves draining the entire pool, also a series of straps and ropes, a ramp, a bucket of oats, and 10 firefighters to haul the cow out. The homeowner says he's not sure how the cow got into the pool; that's just the setup for a whole other joke.
It's MOO-NING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.