Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Kettleman City Resident Uneasy With Landfill's Connection To Clean Water Plan
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Porterville Developmental Center Beating Highlights Accountability Failures
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Tue February 19, 2013
Hackers Disrupt Burger King's Twitter Account
Originally published on Tue February 19, 2013 9:33 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Unknown hackers captured Burger King's Twitter account for more than an hour yesterday. They changed BK's bio, saying the company was sold to rival McDonald's because the Whopper had flopped. McDonald's sent the message: We didn't do it. The hackers did bring Burger King 30,000 new followers. BK recovered its account and tweeted: Interesting day.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.