Most Active Stories
- Salas Bill Would Help Homeowners Rip Out Lawns
- One Group's Vision To Tackle Homelessness: Creating Eco-Friendly Shelters
- 'Workshop On Wheels' Gives Valley Hmong Farmers Insight Into Bay Area Markets
- Matt Black: Capturing Images of California’s Drought
- McFarland Residents Cheer As Movie Makes Bakersfield Debut
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon July 7, 2014
GoPro Spawns New Category Of Wearable Cameras
GoPro stock options began trading today, less than two weeks after it went public. The company, which makes wearable point-of-view action cameras, has come a long way since it was born 10 years ago. GoPro is now one of the best selling cameras in the world, and it’s spawned a whole new category of cameras.
Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson talks to Lauren Goode, reporter and review columnist for Re/code, about GoPro’s success, its competitors and the future of wearable cameras.