Most Active Stories
- Clovis PD Launches Nation's Largest Electric Motorcycle Fleet
- California's Cap and Trade System Could Help Ease Central Valley Pollution
- Fulton Mall At 50: When Things Don't Go According To Plan
- Perea Says Cap And Trade Plan Will Hurt San Joaquin Valley
- Valley Edition: August 26 - Cap And Trade; Visalia, Homelessness And Peter Frampton; Stagecoaches
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue April 8, 2014
Fresno Zoo's Four Malayan Tiger Cubs Vital To Species
Fresno has four new celebrities - Berani, Cinta, Arya and Batari. They're four Malayan tigers, born in January at the zoo. Only 500 of these tigers are known to exist in the wild today, and their birth is an important part of the survival of this species.
The Fresno Chaffee Zoo's Assistant Curator Lynn Myers joined us on Valley Edition to talk about the breeding program, and how the public can see the cubs at the zoo.We also talked about the death just days ago of the father of the cubs, a 17 year-old male named Paka.