Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Fresno Chef Combines Turkey And Brisket For A Thanksgivukkah Feast
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 6, 2012
Fresno Workplace Shooting Leaves Three Dead
Three people are dead following a shooting at the Valley Protein Plant in Central Fresno, including the alleged shooter.
The shooting took place at around 8:30 a.m. at the meat processing plant located near Blackstone and Hedges Avenues. The facility is also known as Apple Valley Farms.
The shooter, 42 year old Lawrence Jones, died of what is being described as a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Fresno mayor Ashley Swearengin issued the following statement on the shooting:
“Today, our City has experienced a tragic event with the workplace shooting at Valley Protein. This was a senseless, violent act that affects our entire community. Please join me in praying for the victims and their families, friends, and co-workers. Also please keep our public safety personnel and their families in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the aftermath of this situation.”