Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
- Taps Run Dry in Fairmead, “Watch, I Get Nothing”
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue November 6, 2012
Fresno Workplace Shooting Leaves Three Dead
Three people are dead following a shooting at the Valley Protein Plant in Central Fresno, including the alleged shooter.
The shooting took place at around 8:30 a.m. at the meat processing plant located near Blackstone and Hedges Avenues. The facility is also known as Apple Valley Farms.
The shooter, 42 year old Lawrence Jones, died of what is being described as a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Fresno mayor Ashley Swearengin issued the following statement on the shooting:
“Today, our City has experienced a tragic event with the workplace shooting at Valley Protein. This was a senseless, violent act that affects our entire community. Please join me in praying for the victims and their families, friends, and co-workers. Also please keep our public safety personnel and their families in your thoughts and prayers as they deal with the aftermath of this situation.”