Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
- Restorative Justice Earns Passing Grade in Le Grand
Valley Public Radio Staff
Arts & Culture
Tue April 29, 2014
Fresno Celebrates Historic Preservation Week With Downtown Tours
The San Joaquin Valley has a rich architectural heritage. From gems like the Fresno Water Tower to Bakersfield’s Beale Memorial Clock Tower, to beautiful craftsman bungalows and mid-century masterpieces, those landmarks help give our communities their own unique identity.
And beginning this Saturday the City of Fresno will kick off a week-long celebration its architectural heritage – with a number of events taking place as part of “Historic Preservation Week”.
In this segment of Valley Edition we speak with two locals who are part of the week.