Most Active Stories
- Google's Self-Driving Car And Others Use Merced As A Landing Pad
- James Fallows: California's High Speed Rail Plan Is 'Better Than The Alternatives'
- Fresno Bar Is First To Go On California High Speed Rail
- In Fresno, De Leon Backtracks On Tumbleweed Comments
- Valley fever treatments can do harm as they heal
Valley Public Radio Staff
Arts & Culture
Tue April 29, 2014
Fresno Celebrates Historic Preservation Week With Downtown Tours
The San Joaquin Valley has a rich architectural heritage. From gems like the Fresno Water Tower to Bakersfield’s Beale Memorial Clock Tower, to beautiful craftsman bungalows and mid-century masterpieces, those landmarks help give our communities their own unique identity.
And beginning this Saturday the City of Fresno will kick off a week-long celebration its architectural heritage – with a number of events taking place as part of “Historic Preservation Week”.
In this segment of Valley Edition we speak with two locals who are part of the week.