Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Fulton Mall Project To Become Reality?
- Peter Gleick: California Reservoirs at the "Bottom Of The Barrel"
- The Family Peach Farm That Became A Symbol Of The Food Revolution
- Drought: Rafting Season Cancelled For Many In Kern County
Valley Public Radio Staff
Arts & Culture
Tue April 29, 2014
Fresno Celebrates Historic Preservation Week With Downtown Tours
The San Joaquin Valley has a rich architectural heritage. From gems like the Fresno Water Tower to Bakersfield’s Beale Memorial Clock Tower, to beautiful craftsman bungalows and mid-century masterpieces, those landmarks help give our communities their own unique identity.
And beginning this Saturday the City of Fresno will kick off a week-long celebration its architectural heritage – with a number of events taking place as part of “Historic Preservation Week”.
In this segment of Valley Edition we speak with two locals who are part of the week.