Most Active Stories
- Storms And Muddy Delta Water Lead To Voluntary Pumping Cutback
- Joe Mathews: Forget Anaheim, Bring Disneyland To Fresno
- Study Says California Drought Caused By Natural Climate Patterns
- Infill Is Key To Fresno's New General Plan, But It's Also Controversial
- Strong Storms May Not Improve California Water Supply Much
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fresh Air Weekend
Sat November 17, 2012
Fresh Air Weekend: Andrew Solomon, Tony Dokoupil
Originally published on Sat November 17, 2012 8:45 am
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Parenting A Child Who's Fallen 'Far From The Tree': Andrew Solomon's new book is about families with children who are profoundly different or likely to be stigmatized. "We all love flawed children," says Solomon, "and the general assumption that these more extreme flaws make ... children somehow unlovable — it wasn't true of most of my experience."
Legalizing And Regulating Pot: A Growth Industry: On Election Day, voters in Colorado and Washington cast their ballots in favor of legalizing marijuana for recreational use. In his recent cover story for Newsweek, journalist Tony Dokoupil reported on the booming cannabis business in Colorado and its prospects for regulated expansion.
You can listen to the original interviews here: