Most Active Stories
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- Drainage Key To Reported Deal Between Farmers And Feds
- New Program Could Mean End For UCSF- Fresno, Valley Children's Partnership
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed July 30, 2014
France's Nude Models Threaten To Strike
Originally published on Wed July 30, 2014 5:07 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The artists of Paris may be spending more time staring at a still life or perhaps a landscape because the country's nude models are threatening to strike. The models complain they have no job security or vacation pay, and they aren't allowed to collect tips to supplement a minimum-wage income. A few years ago, the models braved the cold to stage a naked protest. Organizers told the Guardian newspaper, not just anyone can take their clothes off and hold a pose. Its MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.