Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
High Speed Rail
Thu September 20, 2012
Federal Government Approves High Speed Rail Construction Plans
The federal agency that oversees the nation's railroad system has officially approved plans for the first leg of California's controversial high speed rail system.
The Federal Railroad Administration's approval on Wednesday was a necessary step to allow construction to begin early next year on the Fresno to Merced component of the system.
The approval by the FRA will allow the California High Speed Rail Authority to proceed with purchasing right-of-way from landowners for the system.