Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Wed December 5, 2012
Famous Rudolph, Ohio, Postmark Will Shine On
Originally published on Wed December 5, 2012 6:09 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The famous Rudolph, Ohio postmark shines on. After the staff of the village post office was cut to one, it wasn't so clear that the 80,000 Christmas parcels and cards that flow in would get the special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer postmark. But the Toledo Blade reports nearly 75 volunteers have stepped up to keep the tradition going. Like Christmas elves, they're picking up shifts at the Rudolph post office and stamping away. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.