Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
Valley Public Radio Staff
Sun August 12, 2012
Evangelist Billy Graham Hospitalized
Evangelist Billy Graham has been admitted to a North Carolina hospital for a lung infection, according to a spokesperson.
Graham was admitted to a hospital in Asheville, near his home in Montreat, on Saturday night. This is the second time in less than a year the 93-year-old has been admitted to the hospital, as The Charlotte Observer notes:
"Graham was said to be alert and in good spirits when admitted and is now receiving antibiotics. Spokesman Larry Ross said the hospital expects to treat Graham for several days."
It's suspected to be a case of bronchitis and his condition is stable. Graham was previously hospitalized for pneumonia last November, as the AP reports.