Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Fresno Chef Combines Turkey And Brisket For A Thanksgivukkah Feast
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri November 30, 2012
Episode 364: Should We Kill The Dollar Bill?
Originally published on Fri November 30, 2012 4:28 pm
Legislation in Congress would get rid of dollar bills and replace them with coins. Proponents say coins are easier to use and save the country money in the long run. The bill people say none of this is true.
Should we kill the dollar bill?
On today's show we go deep into the nature of money itself, and we find a clear answer to this question.
We haul in a giant box of coins, talk to the guy who actually makes dollar bills, and watch a Senator try to use a vending machine.
See our story, Should We Kill The Dollar Bill?. Read the GAO report on replacing the dollar bill with dollar coins, and see the update to the report. And see the report Canada wrote before it got rid of its $1 bill.