Most Active Stories
- LGBT Center In Merced Told To Take Down Rainbow Flag
- New Nature Preserve To Open in Tulare County
- In Memory Of Edward Palacios, Valley Public Radio Board Chair
- California Preparing For Undocumented Driver Licenses
- On Valley Edition: Mexican Consul, Lawyer Discuss Local Impact Of Obama's Executive Action
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue December 10, 2013
Echoes Of The Madoff Scandal On 5 Year Anniversary
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 7:53 am
It’s been five years since the Madoff scandal broke — the largest Ponzi scheme in history that defrauded investors of over $17.5 billion dollars.
Earlier this week, Frank DiPascali, Bernie Madoff’s former finance chief testified against five former coworkers, detailing how they helped carry out the fraud.
In the meantime, Madoff will spend the rest of his life at a federal prison in North Carolina. He recently granted an interview to The Wall Street Journal.
Wall Street Journal senior producer, Jason Bellini, discusses the interview with Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson.