Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno County Seeks to Eliminate Health Safety Net for the Undocumented
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu August 1, 2013
E-Cigarettes Enjoy Perks Of Being Unregulated
Originally published on Wed March 5, 2014 9:38 am
Electronic cigarettes are a nicotine delivery system that has a small but growing share of the tobacco industry.
However, unlike chewing tobacco and traditional cigarettes, electronic cigarettes are not regulated by the FDA or any other body. That means that electronic cigarettes can advertise on television.
John Carroll, Here & Now’s media analyst, fills us in on the growing trend.
- John Carroll, Here & Now media analyst and professor of mass communications at Boston University. His blog is Campaign Outsider and he tweets @johncarroll_bu.