Most Active Stories
- New Google Tool Shows Remarkable Timelapse of Fresno Growth Since 1984
- Paso Robles Winemaker Battles Valley Fever
- New Approach To Classroom Discipline Pays Off at Fresno's Yosemite Middle School
- Fresno To Get High-End, High-Rise Downtown Restaurant?
- Cases Of Mysterious Valley Fever Rise In American Southwest
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue August 14, 2012
Doping Can Catch Up To Olympians Eight Years Later
Originally published on Tue August 14, 2012 3:04 pm
On Monday, a woman from Belarus was stripped of her gold medal in the shot put because she failed a doping test. A hammer thrower, also from Belarus, was sent home before competing due to suspicions of doping in the 2004 games. Melissa Black talks with T.J. Quinn, an ESPN investigative reporter, about the state of drug testing in sports, and how long samples can be kept for later testing when technology improves.