Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
Valley Public Radio Staff
Wed July 16, 2014
District Profile: Environmental Issues Come To A Head In Coal Country
As President Obama announces new actions on climate change, a tight congressional race in southern West Virginia coal country is bringing environmental issues to the forefront.
In West Virginia’s third congressional district, Evan Jenkins, a Republican state senator, will try to unseat Democratic incumbent Nick Rahall, who’s been in office since 1977.
Jessica Lilly, southern West Virginia bureau chief for West Virginia Public Broadcasting, has been covering the race and joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to explain how it’s been going.