Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon August 20, 2012
Dames Gone Wild In Burlington, Vt.
As Dames Gone Wild, we are traveling the U.S. doing volunteer work after leaving jobs that no longer fulfilled us. In our 50s and 60s, we had the courage to leave our home, St. Petersburg, Fla., in June and we are on our fifteenth stop — Burlington, Vt. — of 33 cities during our Summer Service Adventure.
We've helped homeless people, senior citizens, adults with serious brain injuries, Habitat for Humanity, quilters for chemo patients, a holistic Hispanic center, the Heidelberg Project, Puppets in Education and more.
The response we've received has been overwhelming and our lives will never be the same.