Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Fresno Chef Combines Turkey And Brisket For A Thanksgivukkah Feast
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon August 20, 2012
Dames Gone Wild In Burlington, Vt.
As Dames Gone Wild, we are traveling the U.S. doing volunteer work after leaving jobs that no longer fulfilled us. In our 50s and 60s, we had the courage to leave our home, St. Petersburg, Fla., in June and we are on our fifteenth stop — Burlington, Vt. — of 33 cities during our Summer Service Adventure.
We've helped homeless people, senior citizens, adults with serious brain injuries, Habitat for Humanity, quilters for chemo patients, a holistic Hispanic center, the Heidelberg Project, Puppets in Education and more.
The response we've received has been overwhelming and our lives will never be the same.