Most Active Stories
- New Buyer, Restoration Plan Emerges For Historic Hotel Fresno
- Fresno City College OAB Earns National Historic Preservation Honor
- Earlimart Anti-Pesticide Advocate Teresa De Anda Remembered As Fearless Leader
- A Veterans Day Love Story, From Sea To The Courtroom
- Covered California Hopes To Enroll More Latinos, But There's A Problem
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri May 10, 2013
Criminal Probe Launched In Texas Fertilizer Plant Blast
Originally published on Fri May 10, 2013 9:56 am
Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw directed the Texas Rangers to join McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara in the investigation.
Meanwhile, Reuters is reporting that the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives confirmed Friday that an individual from West has been arrested for possession of an explosive device. But, the wire service says, "it remained unclear whether there was a connection to last month's explosion at a fertilizer plant in the town."
The local KXAN-TV is saying that "a former emergency volunteer in West was arrested in McLennan County Friday morning on a charge of possessing a destructive device, but authorities would not say if it was related to the deadly April 17 explosion." The Dallas Morning News says he will be appearing in court later today.