Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
- Cold Snap Could Be A One-Two Punch To Valley Citrus Industry
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Mon March 26, 2012
Commentary: Talking To Kids About Abuse Is Essential
Parents and educators across California are on edge, as recent cases of sexual abuse in the state’s schools have dominated the headlines. In today’s edition of the commentary series The Moral Is, Fresno State professor Jacques Benninga says the key to preventing these crimes in the future lies with parents talking to their kids, even when the subject is something unpleasant.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.