Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
- Taps Run Dry in Fairmead, “Watch, I Get Nothing”
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Wed October 31, 2012
Commentary: Reliance On Pharmaceutical Industry Should Be Questioned
Last year, America’s pharmaceutical companies invested nearly $50 billion in research for new drugs, to treat diseases from hepatitis to depression. On this edition of The Moral Is, commentator Kaye Bonner Cummings says that despite those massive investments, new research is calling into question our reliance, or perhaps our over reliance, on prescription medication.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.