Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue April 17, 2012
Commentary: High Pay For Quasi-Government Officials Troubling
Sometimes in order to get the most, you have to pay the most. Or at least that’s the conventional wisdom behind high compensation for CEOs. But what happens when the company in question is operated under the arm of the federal government? On today’s edition of the commentary series The Moral Is, Fresno State business law professor Ida Jones says the result can sometimes be very costly to taxpayers.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.