Most Active Stories
- New Google Tool Shows Remarkable Timelapse of Fresno Growth Since 1984
- Paso Robles Winemaker Battles Valley Fever
- New Approach To Classroom Discipline Pays Off at Fresno's Yosemite Middle School
- Fresno To Get High-End, High-Rise Downtown Restaurant?
- Cases Of Mysterious Valley Fever Rise In American Southwest
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue April 17, 2012
Commentary: High Pay For Quasi-Government Officials Troubling
Sometimes in order to get the most, you have to pay the most. Or at least that’s the conventional wisdom behind high compensation for CEOs. But what happens when the company in question is operated under the arm of the federal government? On today’s edition of the commentary series The Moral Is, Fresno State business law professor Ida Jones says the result can sometimes be very costly to taxpayers.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.