Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Mon July 9, 2012
Commentary: Court Decision on Life Sentences for Juveniles is Positive Step
When children commit violent acts, should they face the same punishment as adults, even if that means life in prison? On this edition of Valley Public Radio’s commentary series, The Moral Is, professor Jacques Benninga says the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on mandatory sentences for juveniles is a positive step, and one informed by science.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.