Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
Valley Public Radio Staff
The Moral Is
Mon July 9, 2012
Commentary: Court Decision on Life Sentences for Juveniles is Positive Step
When children commit violent acts, should they face the same punishment as adults, even if that means life in prison? On this edition of Valley Public Radio’s commentary series, The Moral Is, professor Jacques Benninga says the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on mandatory sentences for juveniles is a positive step, and one informed by science.
The views expressed on The Moral Is are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Valley Public Radio.