Most Active Stories
- Finally, A Public Bus System From Fresno To Yosemite
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Working On The Railroad: High-Speed Rail Sparks New Career Interest
- Fresno Fire Department Wants Reimbursement Guarantee When Fighting Forest Fires
- Valley Edition: Why Are Almonds At The Heart Of California's Water Wars?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Mon July 21, 2014
Chinese Buyers Snap Up Real Estate In The U.S.
Originally published on Mon July 21, 2014 1:13 pm
Foreign buyers have helped boost luxury real estate prices in places such as Manhattan for several years now. But that trend may soon push into non-luxury markets across the United States.
The real estate website Zillow soon plans to publish its for-sale listings in Mandarin. Diane Francis of the National Post joins Here & Now’s Meghna Chakrabarti to discuss the recent announcement.
- Diane Francis, editor-at-large at the National Post in Toronto and a management professor at Ryerson University in Toronto. She tweets @dianefrancis1.