Most Active Stories
- Fresno Chef Gets New Start With High Speed Rail
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- As Drought Worsens, Fresno Turns Attention To Wastewater
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri July 13, 2012
Cheney: If There's Another Sept. 11, I Want Romney In The Oval Office
Former Vice President Dick Cheney at a Wyoming fundraiser he hosted Thursday for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney (via MSNBC's First Read):
"Sooner or later there is going to be a big surprise. Usually a very unpleasant one. Whether it's 9-11 or the other kinds of difficulties or crises that arrive, they always do. ...
"When I think about the kind of individual I want in the Oval Office in that moment of crisis ... that man is Mitt Romney."
According to The Associated Press, "Romney called Cheney a 'great American leader' — and didn't mention former President George W. Bush in a 20-minute speech to a country club reception."