Most Active Stories
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
- 'Bumpy' California Enrollment Period Ends With Over 3 Million Health Care Sign-Ups
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
Valley Public Radio Staff
Sat June 1, 2013
The Case For Vegetarianism, Delivered By A Toddler
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 12:29 pm
This blogger will admit that he has struggled off and on with his decision to eat meat. He'll also admit that explaining the food chain to his 3-year-old daughter has produced more soul-searching.
It's a touchy subject. And if you want to get into philosophical arguments, we recommend the writings of our colleague Barbara King at 13.7.
But, what brings us to the subject today is a viral video of an adorable toddler struggling with the thought of octopus in his gnocchi. Luiz Antonio questions his mother. Then he comes to the realization that when we eat animals, it means they died.
It's worth watching the whole way through:
We'll leave you with a question: How did you explain eating animals to your kids?