Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Sat June 1, 2013
The Case For Vegetarianism, Delivered By A Toddler
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 12:29 pm
This blogger will admit that he has struggled off and on with his decision to eat meat. He'll also admit that explaining the food chain to his 3-year-old daughter has produced more soul-searching.
It's a touchy subject. And if you want to get into philosophical arguments, we recommend the writings of our colleague Barbara King at 13.7.
But, what brings us to the subject today is a viral video of an adorable toddler struggling with the thought of octopus in his gnocchi. Luiz Antonio questions his mother. Then he comes to the realization that when we eat animals, it means they died.
It's worth watching the whole way through:
We'll leave you with a question: How did you explain eating animals to your kids?