Most Active Stories
- Junction Fire: Residents Recall Flight From Blaze
- Wildfire Prompts Evacuations Near Oakhurst
- Jumping In, River Camp Unites Firebaugh Kids With The Outdoors
- Fresno County To Eliminate Health Safety Net For Undocumented, Ending Contract For The Poor
- In Groveland, Community Healing Puts Rim Fire in the Past
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri December 6, 2013
Budget Deal May Be On The Horizon
Originally published on Tue December 17, 2013 7:58 am
Congressional budget committee leaders are working to pull together a budget deal by the end of next week. Republic Congressman Paul Ryan and Democratic Senator Patty Murray are reportedly discussing how to increase revenue without raising taxes.
A main provision of the agreement would be a partial easing of the next two spending sequesters. It was only in October that a deadlock over federal spending led to the first government shutdown in 17 years.
Bloomberg’s Marty Schenker joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to explain.
- Marty Schenker, executive editor of Top News for Bloomberg. He tweets @mschenker.