Most Active Stories
- New Assembly Minority Leader Talks Of 'Rebranding' California GOP
- Commentary: Just How Much Does California Want To Do For The San Joaquin Valley?
- In Clovis, Purple Pipes Give Recycled Water New Life
- Report: Groundwater Management Plans Need Significant Improvement
- Valley fever treatments can do harm as they heal
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu February 10, 2011
Budget Cuts Hit County Mental Health Program
As California’s counties face increasing budget pressures, programs that aid those with mental illness have been reduced or eliminated. In Fresno County, patients who used to be treated in the county’s Crisis Intervention Service program are now being sent to area hospital emergency rooms, with serious consequences for patients and the public. Correspondent Shellie Branco reports on the state of mental health services in the Valley.
Valley Public Radio News