Most Active Stories
- Wildlife Agencies See Near Collapse Of 2014 Salmon Species
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Mary Nichols, California's Environmental "Rock Star" on Valley Edition
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu February 10, 2011
Budget Cuts Hit County Mental Health Program
As California’s counties face increasing budget pressures, programs that aid those with mental illness have been reduced or eliminated. In Fresno County, patients who used to be treated in the county’s Crisis Intervention Service program are now being sent to area hospital emergency rooms, with serious consequences for patients and the public. Correspondent Shellie Branco reports on the state of mental health services in the Valley.
Valley Public Radio News