Most Active Stories
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Air Regulators Eye Methane Emissions From Oil, Ag
- Central Valley Anti-Union Farm Workers Protest In Sacramento
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu February 10, 2011
Budget Cuts Hit County Mental Health Program
As California’s counties face increasing budget pressures, programs that aid those with mental illness have been reduced or eliminated. In Fresno County, patients who used to be treated in the county’s Crisis Intervention Service program are now being sent to area hospital emergency rooms, with serious consequences for patients and the public. Correspondent Shellie Branco reports on the state of mental health services in the Valley.
Valley Public Radio News