Most Active Stories
- Dipped Cone Delight: Foster's Unites Generations, Community in Dinuba
- Incoming Fresno State President Castro: 'I'm Going to Be President For Every Student'
- That Employee Who Smokes Costs The Boss $5,800 A Year
- Measure To Impose Trampoline Park Safety Rules Moves Through California Legislature
- Valley Public Radio Hosts Paleta Party
Valley Public Radio Staff
Valley Writers Read
Wed March 13, 2013
Bonnie Hearn Hill's "Part Light, Part Memory" on Valley Writers Read
This week on Valley Writers Read, we hear a story from local author Bonnie Hearn Hill. In her story "Part Light, Part Memory", we learn about some former slave holders in Texas at the end of the Civil War who still consider it a crime for a white person to teach black people how to read and write.