Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Cold Snap Could Be A One-Two Punch To Valley Citrus Industry
- Feds Study Expanding San Luis Reservoir
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri October 19, 2012
Are Candidates Ignoring the Poor?
Originally published on Fri October 19, 2012 8:59 am
President Obama and Governor Romney have discussed the middle class a great deal during the debates, but the candidates haven't spent nearly as much time talking about the poor. To get a read on the state of poverty in America, host Michel Martin talks with Irwin Redlener, of the Children's Health Fund and Timothy Noah, a columnist for The New Republic.