Most Active Stories
- Jim Costa Calls On Governor Brown To Issue Drought Declaration For California
- San Joaquin Valley Craft Distillers Ride National Trend
- Fighting Fire With Fire, The Future Of The Rim Fire Burn Area
- Launching 11-Day Action, Advocates Urge McCarthy To Pass Immigration Reform
- Fresno Chef Combines Turkey And Brisket For A Thanksgivukkah Feast
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri October 25, 2013
Appalachian Mountain Club Huts Turn 125
Originally published on Mon October 28, 2013 1:43 pm
A New England institution is turning another page in its mission to serve hikers of New Hampshire’s White Mountains.
For 125 years, the huts maintained by the Appalachian Mountain Club have offered food, shelter, advice and a bit of entertainment to weary travelers of the presidential range.
Chris Ballman, Here & Now’s managing editor, visited one of the huts recently and brought back this story.
- Chris Ballman, Here & Now managing editor.