Most Active Stories
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- 'Bumpy' California Enrollment Period Ends With Over 3 Million Health Care Sign-Ups
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- California Bill Would Put English-only Instruction Back Before Voters
Valley Public Radio Staff
Fri September 28, 2012
Ahmadinejad More Popular Than Obama? Iranian News Agency Gets Fooled
Last week, Fox and Friends saw a photo on The Drudge Report and started saying that President Obama had time to sit down with a comical "pirate" but not to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The only problem: The photo was three years old.
Now Iran's Fars News Agency has bitten on The Onion's "report" that "according to the results of a Gallup poll released Monday, the overwhelming majority of rural white Americans said they would rather vote for Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than U.S. president Barack Obama."
"Rural Whites Prefer Ahmadinejad to Obama" says Fars' headline.
Here's hoping we're not the next news outlet to be duped.
By the way, did you hear about how it may be healthier to squat than it is to sit when it comes to ... doing your dootie? (That's actually real news, our friends at the Shots blog say.)