Most Active Stories
- High Speed Rail: Comparing California's Future Bullet Train To Taiwan’s
- Is Kern County The Next Frontier For Aerospace Innovation?
- California Tightens Rules On Popular Pesticide For Strawberries, Almonds
- Drainage Key To Reported Deal Between Farmers And Feds
- New Program Could Mean End For UCSF- Fresno, Valley Children's Partnership
Valley Public Radio Staff
Tue July 9, 2013
Advice Columnist Margo Howard Retires
Originally published on Wed July 10, 2013 4:17 am
Margo Howard is the only child of the beloved advice columnist Ann Landers. Her mother’s twin sister, Pauline Phillips, was Dear Abby.
Howard became a journalist but resisted the family business for three decades. She finally said yes to Slate.com in 1998 with her Dear Prudence column. She then went on to the syndicated Dear Margo column.
Howard is retiring from the advice business but is now writing a book about her four marriages and her life called “Eat, Drink and Remarry: A How Not To Book.”
- Margo Howard, writer and former advice columnist. She’s the only child of advice columnist Eppie Lederer, better known by her pen name, Ann Landers. She tweets @Margoandhow.