Most Active Stories
- 'Grapes Of Wrath' Is 75, But Its Depictions Of Poverty Are Timeless
- City of Fresno Envisions New Downtown Developments Near Chukchansi Park
- 'Bumpy' California Enrollment Period Ends With Over 3 Million Health Care Sign-Ups
- New Drought Fund To Support Those Most In Need
- In Lemoore, Drought Poses A Threat To Navy Jets
Valley Public Radio Staff
Thu September 12, 2013
'90s Nostalgia Revisited: 6 Musicians We Miss
Originally published on Fri September 13, 2013 5:11 am
At the audio link hear Ann Powers and Morning Edition host Renee Montagne on defining '90s music and the reasons the sounds and artists of that era are re-emerging now.
1990s nostalgia has been bubbling to the surface, like a mastodon in a tar pit, for a while now. We all know what's most often excavated: Nirvana's roar (this week, the band's third album In Utero gets a super-deluxe 20th anniversary reissue), Biggie's cool murmur, the futuristic sigh of Aaliyah. But there's more to the decade than those obvious landmarks. Here we remember six artists huge in the '90s, who don't always get their deserved props today.