Most Active Stories
- Four Reasons Why Google Loves The San Joaquin Valley
- Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin Announces State Controller Run
- Centennial Corridor Freeway Project Divides Bakersfield, Neighborhood
- Caltrans Picks Preferred Route For Centennial Corridor Freeway in Bakersfield
- Masumoto: What Would Steinbeck Write Today?
Valley Public Radio Staff
Around the Nation
Mon April 15, 2013
6 Year Old Takes Car Out To Get Chinese
Originally published on Mon April 15, 2013 10:28 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. People in Lapeer, Michigan called to report a car moving erratically. Callers said it looked like a six-year-old was driving. Police discovered a six-year-old was driving. He'd taken the keys off the counter at home and taught himself what to do. Asked what he thought he was doing, the boy explained that he was going out for Chinese food, of course.
Then, having struck a no left turn sign, the boy was heading for the dealer hoping to make some car repairs. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.