Most Active Stories
- NASA Photos Document Drought's Toll On California Landscape
- State and Federal Agencies Announce Salmon Restoration Plans
- James Fallows: California's High Speed Rail Plan Is 'Better Than The Alternatives'
- Google's Self-Driving Car And Others Use Merced As A Landing Pad
- Fresno Bar Is First To Go On California High Speed Rail
Valley Public Radio Staff
Susan is the deputy news director who handles assignments and planning by the news staff. She's also a general assignment reporter who began her career at MPBN working at the State House in 1992. Since then she has covered major political and environmental stories, winning national awards for her beat reporting twice from the Society for Environmental Journalists. Her coverage of labor issues, including an investigative series on independent contractors, has also been recognized by the Public Radio News Directors, Inc and by the Associated Press. Susan is a graduate of the University of Montana where she got her first job in public radio news while still a student. She has also worked at television stations in Montana and Maine.