Most Active Stories
- Money, Greed and Power Keep Chukchansi Casino Closed, Tribe Still Divided
- Farmers Turn To Tinder For App Inspiration
- Farmworkers In Limbo As California Ag Labor Battle Heats Up
- Fresno's Not Ferguson: Why Are Police Shootings and Complaints Down?
- Delta Smelt Collapse Part Of Drought's Toll On California
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Valley Public Radio Staff
Ezra David Romero
Ezra David Romero is an award-winning radio reporter and producer. He is a graduate of California State University Fresno, where he studied journalism (digital media) and geography. In early January, he was awarded two prestigious Golden Mike Awards through the RTNA of Southern California. He has worked for the Fresno Bee and was an intern at Al Jazeera English in Washington, D.C. During his undergraduate education, Romero worked as a news intern with Valley Public Radio, where he produced news reports for the station. In 2012 he was a Gruner Award finalist for his 13-part Sanger Herald series on obesity in Sanger, Calif. Also in 2012, Romero was awarded a grant and internship with the California Newspaper Publishers Association where he worked for the Fresno Bee as a general assignment reporter covering police, elections, government and higher education.