Most Active Stories
- Junction Fire: Residents Recall Flight From Blaze
- Wildfire Prompts Evacuations Near Oakhurst
- Jumping In, River Camp Unites Firebaugh Kids With The Outdoors
- Fresno County To Eliminate Health Safety Net For Undocumented, Ending Contract For The Poor
- In Groveland, Community Healing Puts Rim Fire in the Past
Valley Public Radio Staff
Amy joined WUWM in January 2011 as an Announcer. She began her career interning for WBEZ-Chicago Public Radio and NPR affiliate WGVU in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She also served as News Director of her college station WNUR at Northwestern University.
Prior to joining WUWM, Amy served as an announcer and reporter for Northeast Indiana Public Radio. She also worked as a full-time bilingual writer and photographer for a Spanish- and English-language publication near Chicago. As a freelance journalist, she contributed several reports to WUWM’s Lake Effect program. Amy has won several journalism awards from The Hearst Foundations and Society of Professional Journalists.
She earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Northwestern University. Amy also holds a master’s degree in music from Westminster Choir College and a master’s degree in liturgy from St. Joseph’s College.