Most Active Stories
- NASA Photos Document Drought's Toll On California Landscape
- James Fallows: California's High Speed Rail Plan Is 'Better Than The Alternatives'
- State and Federal Agencies Announce Salmon Restoration Plans
- Google's Self-Driving Car And Others Use Merced As A Landing Pad
- Fresno Bar Is First To Go On California High Speed Rail
Valley Public Radio Staff
Reporter and Producer
Announcer and Reporter
Director of Program Content
Classical Music Host
On-air host, Clearly Classical
Host, Clearly Classical and All Things Considered
Host, The Oasis; The Intersection
Host, Morning Edition
A veteran Vermont reporter, John joined VPR in 2001. Previously, John was a staff writer for the Sunday Times Argus and the Sunday Rutland Herald, responsible for breaking stories and in-depth features on local issues. He has also served as Communications Director for the Vermont Health Care Authority and Bureau Chief for UPI in Montpelier.
John was honored with two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards in 2007 for his reporting on VPR. He was the lead reporter for a VPR series on climate change that in 2008 won a national Edward R. Murrow award for continuing coverage.